Resources for Drama Teachers
Teaching drama isn't the easiest thing in the world no matter how much a teacher loves the subject. There is so much involved in teaching drama and putting up plays that it’s easy for even the most dedicated teachers to feel a little lost. Here are some links to lesson plans, lesson plan ideas, stage lighting, and even adult costumes.
- Lesson Plans By Playwright: Has links to multiple lesson plans categorized by specific playwright.
- Drama Lesson Plan Links: Offers descriptions and links to various plans for drama teachers.
- Drama Techniques: Provides descriptions of drama techniques for drama teachers.
- Drama Lessons By Age Level: Has a listing of drama plans and ideas sorted by a child’s age level.
- High School Drama Notes And Exercises: Has many drama-related exercises available for drama teachers.
- Drama For Those Who Do Not Like Or Understand Drama: Good resource for introducing students who do not like drama, to drama.
- Creative Children's Drama: Has many great ideas for teaching young children about drama.
- Theater Lesson Plan Exchange: Has lesson plans as well as ideas for warm-up and technique improvement.
- Drama Lesson Plans By Grade: Lesson plans organized by grade level. The plans include ideas for reading dramatic parts, etc.
- Creative Drama and Improvisation: Lesson plan for 4th grade children. It takes them through a series of creative and confidence-building exercises.
- 67 Theater Lesson Plans: 67 different lesson plans, organized by grade, for drama teachers that cover many different subjects.
- Lesson Plans: Pre-K - 12: Lesson plans ranging from kindergarten-age appropriate to high school lesson plans.
- Instructional Materials In Drama: Site provides practical assistance to drama teachers.
- The Costume Page: Listing of the best costume-related sites for drama teachers to use.
- Set Construction: Explains the basics of set constructions as well as obtaining or constructing props.
- Stage Lighting 101: A guide to creating the perfect stage lighting.