Steve Martin: One wild and crazy guy
Steve Martin: One Wild and Crazy Guy
When you start listing the funniest performers of our generations, you would not have to list many before you get to that wild and crazy guy, Steve Martin. Martin is one of the most talented individuals who has received recognition as a comedian, actor, writer, producer, playwright, musician and composer.
Steve Martin was born in Waco Texas on August 14, 1945, and spent a great deal of his younger years growing up in Southern California. It was there that he was bitten by the performing bug, while working at Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. From there, Martin began performing stand-up comedy routines and magic acts in small venues. While working at these locations he got his big break by appearing on television shows such as The Tonight Show and the Smothers Brothers Show.
• Martin Biography: biography of Steve Martin's life
• Martin Bio: biography.com summary of Steve Martin
• Early Career: biographical look at the early career of Steve Martin
• Life Story: Martin's early career is reviewed
Steve Martin began to receive notoriety for his stand-up comedy routines. His act was comprised of typical jokes along with magic, juggling, banjo playing and song parodies. His album "A Wild and Crazy Guy" peaked at #2 in the album charts, and included the song "King Tut", which prompted a surge in King Tut Halloween costumes. During his career, Martin has recorded four comedy albums.
• SNL Transcript: transcript of Two Wild and Crazy Guys routine
• Stand-up Routines: review of some of Martin's best routines
• Discography: summary of the albums of Steve Martin
From his early work on shows such the Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live, Martin began to be a regular performer. During his career he has made 15 guest appearances on Saturday Night Live and many of his performances have been memorable.
• Television Work: biography, photos and more from tv.com
• Television Work: summary of the television work of Martin from TV Guide
• Official Website: information on Steve Martin from his official website
• Saturday Night Live Skit: sample of a SNL skit starring Steve Martin
In recent year, Steve Martin has branched out into other media. Martin has appeared in nearly 50 films in the past 30 years, including memorable movies such as The Jerk, Roxanne, Parenthood, Cheaper by the Dozen and The Pink Panther. In addition to acting, he has also been credited with writing and producing several of his movies.
• Movies: Martin films from imdb.com
• Filmography: information on Steve Martin films
• Movie Photos: photos from Steve Martin movies
• Film Listing: listing of Steve Martin movies
Steve Martin has been a comedic genius for more than 30 years, and some of his performances will not be soon forgotten. For his work, Martin has been recognized by being awarded an Emmy, Grammy and American Comedy Award.