Paul Rudd is one of those actors that are genuinely likeable. In addition to being adorable, he just has an easy way about him. His movie credits are many and I believe him to be one of those truly underrated actors.
I thought about it and came up with 5 reasons why I love Paul Rudd:
1. He makes you love the sweet, love able underdog like the when he was the step brother in Clueless or as the soon to be married man with no BFF in I Love You, Man.
2. His ability to wear his facial expressions like costumes. You can tell just by looking at him exactly what his character is thinking. You can feel the love in his heart and he can even make himself look stoned like he did with his Hawaiian Surfer dude character in Saving Sarah Marshall.
3. Like another favorite actor of mine, Johnny Depp, Rudd made his film debut in a horror flick. For those of you who don’t recall the movie was Halloween: The Curse of Mike Myers.
4. This quote from Entertainment Weekly: “I’ve always felt like I’m the kind of actor that some people might recognize, but they probably don’t know my name,” Rudd says. “I don’t have a big drive to be ‘the guy.’” This is exactly it, I think. He’s not beggin’ for love, so we wanna give it to him even more. Damn human nature!” How could you not love a guy who’s famous and NOT completely full of himself? TOO CUTE!!
5. He goes both ways. No that’s not a reference to the sizable number of gay parts he’s played on shows like SNL. It’s the way he can go both comedy and drama. Also, the way he can master both stage and screen. Variety is the spice of life.
Some many actors today are overrated. When you find an actor who is both talented and underrated if makes it easy to route for him. I hope to see him in more movies and in varied roles in the future.