Zombies are hot this Halloween. The only way to truly become a zombie is to be eaten by a zombie. Short of that, you will need a costume, makeup and attitude. Here are the 5 tips you need to master being the best zombie you can be:
- The right clothes or costume – Tattered and torn clothing seems to be the look of choice but don’t limit yourself – you can be zombie Marilyn Monroe or zombie Elvis. And how about zombie Michael Jackson a la Thriller? Whatever you choose, don’t be afraid to get it a bit bloody.
- The right makeup – The great thing about being a zombie are the endless possibilities when it comes to make up. A zombie looks something between the grim reaper and a person who has been mauled by a bear then left to rot in the sun. So think hanging, rotting flesh, exposed bone, bulging eye sockets, maggots, pale skin and the like. Here is an awesome link to the annual Zombie Pub Crawl in Minneapolis that gives great make up tips among other important Zombie FAQs.
- The walk – remember your undead. Don’t walk like you just woke up from a restful nap. Consider dragging a leg, stammering or walking stiff-legged with your arms out in front of you. A jerk or twitch adds character too. Put your own style on it.
- The talk or should we say the moan – Think low, guttural moans with occasional growls. Remember, zombies are mindless and devoid of rationalization. Here’s your chance to stop thinking and just go with it.
- The company you keep – Zombies have power in numbers. Get all of your friends to dress in zombie costumes too. You can have your own “night of the dead, ” Zombie Ball or Thriller Party. It’s a great theme for Halloween parties, college parties and just because zombies are cool. Just ask Woody Harrelson from the blockbuster hit movie Zombieland.
We hope these tips are useful. If you have any great zombie tips or facts, please share them with us.