Aloha! Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, summer is officially upon us. Costume SuperCenter is gearing up for a fantastic summer season of costumes including Patriotic 4th of July costumes and of course, Luau costumes and accessories.
A Luau is such a fun theme for a BBQ. You can incorporate the Luau theme into summer birthday, block party or a casual gathering of family and friends. It’s so simple to do. All you need are some invitations, Hawaiian Luau costumes, accessories, decorations which are all available at Costume SuperCenter. As part 1 of this two part blog we’ll give you some great tips for decorating your guests, your yard and you!
- Send your Luau invitations with at least 2 weeks notice to RSVP. On the invitation, encourage your guest to come in Hawaiian shirts or the Luau costume of their choice.
- It is Hawaiian tradition to greet visitors with a lei and a cool drink or cocktail. Have plenty of leis ready to give to every guest, especially the kids.
- Provide your guests an assortment of grass skirts, and other accessories for them to put on when they arrive, if they have not come in costume already.
- Create a Hawaiian Luau atmosphere. Decorate your yard in a tiki theme with a tiki bar, tiki lights, luau banners and inflatable palm tree coolers that are well stocked with cold refreshments.
- Choose from our large variety of Luau tablewear and paper goods. Also, remember that a well dressed Luau table has a raffia table skirt and a Hawaiian centerpiece.
Now that you have your Luau invitations, luau costumes and luau decorations you will need to have some delicious food to serve. Instead of the same old boring hamburgers and hot dogs why not try some authentic Hawaiian fare? In Part 2 we’ll give you great tips on Luau recipes and games that will make your Luau extra special.