In Part One we gave you 5 tips for getting your luau party started. Now that you have your Luau invitations, luau costumes and luau decorations you will need to have some delicious food to serve and games to play.
Hamburgers and hot dogs have their place at every Barbeque but a Luau should be special. You’ve gone through all the trouble to set the atmosphere to its time to let the food create the mood. While your guests are not busy filling their bellies they should have some entertainment. Luau games are great for laughs and helping everyone let their hair down.
- There are many websites on the internet that are an excellent source for Hawaiian recipes. Check some of them out to find one that appeals to you.
- If cooking authentic Hawaiian Food is too daunting or time consuming for you a terrific alternative is catered Chinese food. Stick to dished that have cross-over into Hawaiian culture like sweet and sour chicken with lots of pineapple chunks, spare ribs, teriyaki beef on a stick and fried rice. Skip the soup and fortune cookies.
- For dessert go for a tropical twist. Try skewered pineapples and bananas sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon and grilled to caramelized perfection. Serve them with Tahitian vanilla ice cream.
- Set up a Limbo Game and play is to some authentic luau music.
- For the kids, simple games like musical beach towels or pass the coconut will keep them well entertained. Have an assortment of Hawaiian prizes to give away like maracas, straw hats and sunglasses.
- For the grown ups there are a bunch of Hawaiian word games that facilitate mingling and teach your guests a variety to Hawaiian words.
- Don’t forget the Pina Coladas and Mai Tais. You can buy mixes at your local market or make them from scratch. For the kids, make frozen virgin Pina Coladas.
Now that you have all the tips you need on luau entertainment everyone at Costume SuperCenter wishes you a happy summer. Everything you need can be found here. Drop us a comment and let us know how your Luau party turned out.