Peanut Butter. The perfect food. Creamy, chunky, honey roasted and all natural. It is delicious in every form. Its versatile too. Use it as a dip for fruit and veggies and as a snack on crackers. Add a dollop to your Asian stir-fry or enjoy a good old fashioned PBJ. In honor of this wonderful day, lets celebrate with some fascinating facts. Follow it up with the most delicious dessert you’ll want to enjoy all the time, not just on January 24th.
Amazing Peanut Butter Facts
- It takes 550 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of peanut butter.
- The high protein in peanut butter is what causes it to stick to the roof of your mouth.
- Peanut Butter was invented in the late 1800s.
- In 1923, Heinz learned how to homogenize it so the oils would not separate from the solids.
- The average person consumes approximately 6 pounds of peanuts a year.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was invented in 1928.
- One acre of peanut plants can make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
- Women prefer creamy and men prefer chunky.
- Dr. George Washington Carver researched and developed more than 300 uses for peanuts in the early 1900s
The World’s Best Peanut Butter Brownies EVER
- Box of your Favorite Brown Mix prepared as instructed
- 1 cup of roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 a stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk to get it to easily spreadable frosting consistency.
- 1 cup (or more) of cut up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1. Prepare the brownie mix as directed.
2. Add roasted peanuts, put it in the pan and bake as directed.
3. Prepare peanut frosting by mixing the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, butter and milk. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Start with two tablespoons of milk and add more if needed. Spread on slightly cooled brownies.
4. Add crumbled Reese’s. Enjoy.
Include a bit of this magical spread into your life on National Peanut Butter Day and every day.