Even though the only thing I feel in the air this time of year is the cold bite of winter, you can be sure that nothing warms me up like a great love song. The stores are filled with rows of Valentine cards, heart-shaped boxes of chocolate and sexy outfits. Everyone knows that the time is drawing near. It’s almost Valentine’s Day.
Instead of giving your love the typical candies and sappy cards, woo them with a playlist of romantic love songs. If it worked for Lloyd Dobler, it will work for you. If I were to compile 10 songs that would put me in the mood for love, it would be these:
1. Peter Gabriel – In Your Eyes – “In your eyes I see the light and the heat / In your eyes I want to be that complete / I want to touch the light, the heat I see in your eyes.”
2. The Beatles – Here, There and Everywhere – I want her everywhere / and if she’s beside me I know I need never care / but to love her is to need her everywhere / knowing that love it to share / each one believing that love never dies.”
3. The Beach Boys – Wouldn’t it be Nice – “Wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up / In the morning when the day is new / And after having spent the day together / Hold each other close the whole night through.”
4. Etta James – At Last – “I found a dream that I can speak to / A dream that I can call my own / I found a thrill to press my cheek to / A thrill I’ve never known.”
5. Bon Jovi – Every Beat of My Heart – “I live for your love / It’s all that I want / To die in your arms / I give you every beat of my heart.”
6. Atlantic Starr – Always – “Ooh your life is sun / Chasing all of the rain away / When you come around your bring a brighter day / You’re the perfect one / For me and you forever will be / And I will love you so for always.”
7. Extreme – Move than Words – “All you have to do is close your eyes / And just reach out your hands and touch me / Hold me close, don’t every let me go / More than words is all I ever needed you to show.”
8. Boyz II Men – I’ll Make Love to You – “Just make a wish on your night / Anything that you ask / I will give you the love of your life.”
9. Billy Joel – She’s Got a Way – “She’s got a way about her / I don’t know what it is / But I know that I can’t live without her.”
10. Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville – All My Life – “Am I really here in your arms / It’s just like I dreamed it would be / I feel like we’re frozen in time / And you’re the only one I can see.”
What do you think is the most Romantic song of all time? Leave us a comment with your suggestions.