Put on your Chicken suits everyone because Dance Like a Chicken Day is coming on May 14th. That’s right folks. There are many reasons to pay homage to our feathered friend through dance.
This feathered foul is very important. Thanks to them, we have some of the best jokes around. Here are my top 5:
- Why did the rubber chicken cross the road? To stretch her legs.
- Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud and cross the road again ? Because he was a dirty double-crosser
- What happens when a hen eats gunpowder? She lays hand gren-eggs!
- What do you get when a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn? An eggroll!
- See the image below. It is just for grown ups but its OK for kids to see because they won’t get it.
And wonderful recipes too. Give this one a try for Oven Baked Fried Chicken:
Marinate 4 bone-in chicken breasts in buttermilk with a pinch of salt, pepper and Cheyenne pepper for at least 4 hours or overnight. Pat dry. Dredge in flour, dunk back in the buttermilk and roll in crushed but still crunchy Corn Flakes. Bake on a wire rack at 350 until done. Yum.
Here is a video of three people in chicken suits dancing to The Chicken Dance song as well as Aerosmith, The Village People and even Michael Jackson’s Thriller. What better way to celebrate Dance like a Chicken Day than to jam-out to such a rocking variety of music.
So put on your chicken suit costume and have a ball. To all of you I say CLUCK YOU and have a funky Dance Like a Chicken Day!