20% Off With Code: wish
Plus Size Costume Ideas and Tips
You’re guaranteed to find just the costume you’re looking
for in the size, style, and cut that fits you best, and we’re here to take the
stress out of the entire costume shopping process, so that you’ll have more
time to plan the most epic Halloween party to date. Shopping for your 2018
Halloween costume has never been easier—trust us.
Halloween only comes once a year, and you want to get the most
bang for your buck while still looking fabulous. Believe us—we get it. By
purchasing a costume that stands the test of time, you’re ensuring that you can
use that costume year after year (or swap with friends and family so that no
one wears the same costume twice). Halloween costumes like pirates, TV, and
movie characters, superheroes, and decades (disco days, anyone?) never go out
of style, and can be modified with accessories and are useful way past
Halloween. Need a plus-size costume for a college theme party? We have you
covered. Husband or wife celebrating a milestone birthday in retro style?
Groovy, man. Costumes in classic categories can be worn time and time again,
saving you money—and the hassle of coming up with something new every year.
Buying Ideas and Tips
Every body is beautiful, and every body is different—no one gets that more than we do. That’s why we carry a wide variety of costumes that are cut for plus-size individuals. Here are a few helpful hints to help you shop for your 2018 Halloween costume:
Before you start browsing, take your measurements.
• Women: measure your bust around its widest point; waist; hips around the widest point; and hollow (armpit) to floor.
• Men: measure your chest (hold the tape measure just under your arms and across your shoulder blades); neck; waist; and inseam.
Keep your measurements in mind while you’re shopping, and reference each costume’s size chart; a Batman costume and a pirate costume might fit differently and have varied sizing.
Start shopping! We find it’s easier to fill your cart with lots
of costumes you love and narrow them down later. You might feel like dressing
as your favorite TV character one minute, and 10 minutes later love the idea of
getting zombified. Choose something that speaks to you, but don’t be afraid to
In addition to a variety of standard women’s plus-size costumes like witches, pirates, and flappers, we carry a huge selection of officially licensed women’s plus-size costumes based on to-the-minute trends, popular movies, and current memes. An officially licensed costume means that you’re getting a quality plus-size costume that’s been vetted by the experts. What are the post-popular licensed plus-size costumes? We’re so glad you asked:
• The Wizard of Oz. You and your friends will be off to see the wizard (the wonderful Wizard of Oz) in officially licensed Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion plus-size costumes.
• Ghostbusters. Get your girl squad together to study the paranormal. Or, hand the boys their ecto blasters for a night on the town. You ain’t afraid of no ghosts!
• Harley Quinn. If DC Comics are your thing, you can’t go wrong with Harley Quinn (plus, you’ll perfectly complement your significant other’s Joker).
• Batman. Whatever your bat-style, there’s a plus-size Batman costume for you. (Batmobile not included, sorry.)
• Superman. It’s a bird … it’s a plane … it’s you, in the perfect men’s plus-size Superman costume (tights, cape and all).
• Wonder Woman. Arguably the most awesome member of the Justice League, you’ll totally look the part in a women’s plus-size Wonder Woman costume.
• Star Wars. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away … You know how it goes. From Obi-Wan to Han Solo, Princess Leia to Luke Skywalker, Yoda to Darth Vader, we have it all, in plus sizes that fit you.
Disney. Pick your favorite princess (we love Moana,
Elsa, and Belle) or dashing prince (Charming, we’re looking at you), and you’re
sure to look like you stepped out of the pages of a fairytale.
What’s spookier than a haunted house on Halloween? Spending a ton
of money on a Halloween costume you only plan to wear once! That’s why we carry
a variety of plus-size costumes on clearance that fit your size, style, and
budget. No one ever has to know you bought it on clearance—we’ll keep that
between us. Best of all, we have all of the costume accessories you need to
give your discount costume a style boost.
Accessories can make or break a look, and Halloween is no
exception. Even the most elaborate costumes need an accessory or two, and we
have everything you need to put the finishing touches on your plus-size
Halloween costume for 2018. We recommend starting with footwear— flip-flops
with a Wonder Woman costume just won’t do. Every costume needs the perfect pair
of boots, shoes, or sandals. Then, think about what other accessories you might
need. Cleopatra certainly needs a black bob wig, Tony Stark needs a mask to
become Iron Man, and no Uncle Sam ensemble would be complete without a red,
white, and blue hat. Plus, we have everything in between, from gloves to
Couple Costume Ideas
A princess and a zombie walk into a bar … No, this isn’t some
terrible joke (then again, maybe it is). For an easy look, coordinate your
costume with your significant other. We have plenty of plus-size costumes that
look great together, including officially licensed costumes like Harley Quinn
and the Joker, Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent, Batman and Robin, and so many
more. Besides, a coordinated look is so easy, and takes a lot of the guesswork
out of, “What should we be for Halloween this year?”
Family Costume Ideas
Get the whole family (or your group of friends) in on the fun with a coordinated group costume. We have a great selection of themed and officially licensed costumes in a variety of sizes, from boys and girls to standard men’s and women’s, to women’s plus size and men’s plus size. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
• The Avengers
• The Wizard of Oz
• A gang of fearsome pirates
• Star Wars